About Us > Gabriel Messingher
Senior Acoustical Consultant
Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering. Focus Area: Acoustics and Vibrations
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta
Thesis: “Relating hospital acoustics to staff outcomes in real and simulated settings”
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
Universidad Simon Bolivar, Caracas - Venezuela
- Architectural Acoustics and Noise Control
- Hospital Acoustics
- MATLAB Programming
- LabVIEW Programming
- Sound Measurement
(* indicates projects before MWA)
- Cleanroom design: compliance of Fan Filter Units and Air Handler Units generated noise and vibrations with tool’s manufacturer specifications. Floor vibration survey and walker induced vibration testing. (Seagate Technology)
- Locating an unknown source of low frequency noise. Acoustics measurements below 5 Hz. (KLA-Tencor)
- Developed a LabVIEW program to analyze long term vibration monitoring measurements.
- Analyzed steel subfloor platforms that support highly vibration sensitive tools with FEA. Proposed changes to reduce the transmitted vibrations to the tools and to shift natural frequencies.
- HVAC noise mitigation.
- Sound isolation between offices to enhance speech privacy.
- Speech intelligibility measurements and calculations to improve speech transmission.
- Reverberation time measurements and noise control.
- Background noise and impulse response measurements on different healthcare environments and data analysis (EUH, EUHM, Grady Memorial Hospital)*
- Environmental noise studies, code compliance, acoustical design for sound isolation (i.e: walls, windows, roof, ceiling, barriers).
- Reverberation time measurements and material design of a renovated building. Worked on the atrium and two board rooms (GSU)*
- Worship spaces:
- Background noise and reverberation time measurement in churches in order to characterize the sound environment*