About Us > Jeff Irwin
Senior Acoustical Consultant
Master of Science in Acoustics, Pennsylvania State University
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Arizona State University
- Structural vibration and isolation
- Environmental noise measurement
- Building envelope design
- Acoustical isolation (sound separation)
- Interior (room) acoustics
- Digital signal processing
- Fluid-structure interaction
- Computational fluid dynamics
- Computational acoustics
Representative Projects (* indicates projects before MWA)
- Hitachi Global Storage Technologies (San Jose, CA) – ground vibration survey, floor vibration study, MEP vibration and noise control to interior spaces, HVAC airflow noise control, airborne subsonic noise study, acoustic isolation, interior acoustics, acoustical floor and partition design.
- Apple Campus 2 (Cupertino, CA) – MEP noise and vibration control to interior laboratory and office spaces, study of mechanical noise impact to environment, architectural acoustic isolation, interior acoustics.
- Seagate Technology (Fremont, CA) – floor vibration survey, footfall impact study, floor vibration isolation.
- Risk Management Solutions (Newark, CA) – MEP noise control, acoustical isolation, interior acoustics.
- Spear Street Stadium TechCenter (Santa Clara, CA) – environmental noise study, building envelope and partition design, interior acoustics.
- Seagate Board Room (Cupertino, CA) – design drawing review, partition design for acoustical performance, interior treatment for room acoustics, floor design for garage noise isolation, speech intelligibility analysis.
- Creekside at El Cerrito Apartments (El Cerrito, CA) – environmental noise measurement, public transportation noise measurement, code compliance study, acoustical design for sound isolation and interior acoustics, environmental impact study.
- Newark Townhomes (Newark, CA) – environmental noise study, building envelope design, interior acoustics, code compliance study.
- 260 California Avenue (Palo Alto, CA) – building envelope design, environmental noise measurement, code compliance study.
- Bayou Dupont Turbine Power Plant (Belle Chasse, LA) – turbine noise monitoring, environmental impact evaluation, residential and commercial noise code compliance, acoustical barrier design.
- U.S. Coast Guard Base Alameda (Alameda, CA) – ship maintenance noise measurement, residential and commercial noise code compliance, environmental impact evaluation, maintenance noise mitigation.
- Los Altos Hills Country Club (Los Altos, CA) – tennis court noise measurement, environmental impact study, noise code compliance study.
- Computational Acoustics* – phonation acoustics, time-domain resonance simulation, silencer transmission loss prediction.