About Us > Mohammad (Reza) Afrough
Mohammad (Reza) Afrough
Acoustical Consultant, Mei Wu Acoustics
- Master of Science in Physics, University of Mississippi, USA
Thesis: A Thermal Enclosure Prototype for a Suspended Inertial Sensor
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Polytechnic University of Milan, Italy
Thesis: Concept design of a cabin suspension for farm tractor application: modeling and optimization
- Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering, University of Kashan, Iran
- Acoustical Society of America (ASA), Student Member
- American Physical Society (APS), Student Member
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), Student Member
- Former member of LIGO (Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory)
- Vibration and Noise Control
- Finite Element Modeling (ANSYS, ABAQUS, SolidWorks)
- Matlab and Python Programming
- 3D CAD Modeling
- Mechanical Design
(*indicates projects before MWA)
- Designed a novel suspended inertial sensor to reduce seismic noise at low frequencies for advanced LIGO (Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory) *
- Reduced the vibration of an inertial sensor by building a thermal enclosure*
- Developed a Matlab/Simulink program to simulate the dynamic behavior of an enclosure’s
- Optimization of a multi-body system (suspension system of a vehicle) using NVH principles*
- Developed an active control system (closed-loop) using Raspberry pi and Python*
(For an updated list of publications, please visit my google scholar page
- M. Afrough, T. Pandya, S.S. Daryadel, R. Mantena, “Dynamic response of pultruded glass-graphite/epoxy hybrid composites subjected to transverse high strain-rate compression loading”, Materials Sciences and Applications, Volume 6, 953-962, 2015.
- LIGO Collaboration Publication, “GW170817: Observation of gravitational waves from a binary neutron star inspiral”, Physical Review Letters, 119, 161101, 2017.
- M. Afrough, C. Cocchieri, N. Buchanan, K. Dooley, “Enhancing seismometer performance at low frequencies through tilt-decoupling”, 84th Annual Meeting of the APS Southeastern Section, Milledgeville, GA, 2017.
- M. Afrough, C. Cocchieri, K. Dooley, “Development of a tilt-free seismometer”, Mississippi Academy of Science 81st Annual Meeting, Hattiesburg, MS, 2017.
- M. Afrough, T. Pandya, “Pultruded glass-graphite/epoxy hybrid composites under different high strain-rate compression loading”, Proceeding ECTC 2015, Alabama, 2015.